Six custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers.
Trueplay tuning delivers sound that's true to the music and right for the room.
Control all your music and streaming services from a single app (on your smartphone, tablet or computer).
Uses your WiFi. Easy to set up and allows you to expand your system over time.
Audio formats supported
- Six Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Three tweeters create a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Three dedicated mid-woofers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
- Audio line-in
- Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Stereo Pair setting
- Turn two PLAY:5s into separate left and right channel speakers for an intense stereo listening experience. Place vertically for a deeper, more focused sweet spot, or sideways for wider, more shareable sound coverage.
- 5.1 Home Cinema
- Add two PLAY:5 speakers to a PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Music services supported
Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud. For a complete list, see http://www.sonos.com/streaming-music
.Operating systems (for stored files)
Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.7 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFSInternet radio supported
Streaming MP3, WMAAlbum art supported
JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIFApple AirPlay music sources
Connect an Apple AirPlay music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express, to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in any or every room of the home.Playlists supported
iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media PlayerPlayback modes
Crossfade, shuffle, repeat